This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you purchase through our links, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclaimer here. Now—onto our Bahamas outfit ideas!
With the gorgeous weather and beautiful beaches, there’s no wonder this Caribbean country is so popular. The Bahamas is a lovely place to get away from the daily bustle of life. We have curated 11 beachy Bahamas outfit ideas that are perfect for your next vacation as well as a packing guide.
What To Wear In The Bahamas/ What To Wear In Nassau Bahamas
As far as what to wear in the Bahamas and what to wear in Nassau Bahamas goes, here are the main do’s and don’ts to follow.
- Do: dress comfortably
This is a must! This is your vacay, so be comfortable! If you hate wearing heels, then opt for a sandal or sneaker. If you don’t feel like wearing a purse, take a mini backpack (see #7 below for our favorite chic mini backpack for travel). You don’t have to compromise comfort for cuteness.
- Do: layer at night
During some of the colder months in the Bahamas, like January, be sure to bring a shall or lightweight jacket along so that you don’t catch a chill.
- Don’t: go overboard with flashy jewelry
We know it’s tempting, but you should always try to limit flashy jewelry when traveling. Since you are not familiar with the area, you should exercise caution and try not to bring too much attention to yourself. Although we have included jewelry options with most of the Bahamas vacation outfit ideas below, we advise that you save that jewelry for rendezvous around the resort and NOT around the island. For more safety tips, be sure to check out the U.S. Embassy In The Bahamas’ guide here after reading this post.
11 Bahamas Outfit Ideas To Shop Before Your Vacay
Ok, now that we have the do’s and don’ts down, let’s see the outfits!
1. This first look is so relaxed and easy to throw on. You can wear the dress over your swimsuit to the pool or beach, or by itself for a day of exploring the Bahamas. Speaking of swimsuits…we have included our favorite Bahamas swimsuits at the end of this post! You’ll love them. Also, this woven beach tote is the perfect beach bag to pack for your trip. It’s $50 and fabulous!
2.This linen set is adorable. We styled it with faux pearls and flats to add to the classic look, but you can match it with whatever accessories you already have in your closet. Two-piece sets are easy to style, so you can’t go wrong.
4. This is one of our favorite Bahamas vacation outfit ideas. The halter top’s tropical design is gorgeous. Pair it with flowy white linen pants and your favorite crossbody bag. We love the Marc Jacobs “The J Marc Mini Shoulder Bag” with this outfit.
5. This crocheted midi dress would be perfect for your vacay. Style it with a matching necklace, woven tote bag, and ballet flats for an effortless look.
6. If you love a good pattern, this strapless dress is for you. The pattern is really pretty and different from the usual patterns we see. Pair it with a classic black sandal and head out for a fun day in the Bahamas!
7. This look is timeless and simple. Pair these belted linen shorts with your go-to white tee and classic loafers. When traveling, sometimes it’s nice to bring a mini backpack instead of a purse. We chose this one because it is small enough to wear on a daily basis, but can also fit a tablet and all of your essentials that you would normally put in a purse.
8. This romper is a nice basic to bring on your travels. You can easily dress it up or down. Also, it’s under $40 (yess!)
9. Pair this halter top with a midi skirt and chunky sandals.
10. Here at Quick Pick Style, we love a good linen button-up for summer. You can wear it over a tank top, as a top itself, the possibilities are endless! For this outfit, we paired it with a tank top, linen shorts, gold sandals and beaded necklaces.
11. Pair this shirtdress with a sunhat, cute belt, and ballet flats.
Bahama Cruise Outfit Ideas
All of the Bahamas vacation outfit ideas above are also perfect for a cruise. However, just in case you would like to see some outfits that are curated especially for the nuances of a cruise vacation, here are a few Bahamas cruise outfit ideas that are great.
You may want to bring a sweater as most cruises, even around the Caribbean, tend to get chilly at night. Here are two great lounge outfits to wear on a chilly night during your cruise. You can either wear the satin set and a sweater or the cashmere lounge set. Throw on your go-to sneakers and a cute necklace.
If you head to dinner on the cruise, you may be required to dress in semi-formal attire. Either one of these dresses would be perfect for this type of dinner.
How To Pack For The Bahamas
Shop our favorite sunscreen, travel liquid bottle (so cute, right?!), and toiletry bag.
Our Favorite Bahamas Swimsuits
As promised, here are our favorite swimsuits for the Bahamas. We have also included a few of our favorite sarongs! They’re gorgeous.
These Bahamas vacation outfit ideas will be perfect for your next trip! As always, thanks for reading and go be chic.